Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just an experiment...

So after reading a few other photographers doing print comparisons to be able to show customers why you want to pay for a professional print instead of a 1 hour one, I decided to do my own study and well here are the results.

PS: none of these pictures were altered after scanning and please excuse the white specs, I didn't realize my scanner was dusty until AFTER I was done putting this together lol

This is the original digital file of the picture I took.











 This is the result I got from a 1 hour print at Costco!!!
 This is what Walmart had to offer in 1 hour photo...
Target seemed to have a slightly better option...
 This is what a printed copy from my printing company looks like...














Photographers strive to deliver you beautiful pictures. To see someone print out our work at a 1 hour Costco kiosk and get what I showed above really doesn't reflect the work put in by the photographer, not to mention the money you put into the session!

So the next time you wonder why a photographer charges you $5.00 for a picture instead of $0.45, this goes to prove that quality does come at a certain price!



No comments:

Post a Comment